WHAT'S IN MY MAKE UP BAG?


Hey guys! Today I thought I would let you guys know what make up I have in my make up bag and maybe give a review on a couple of items too! What you may find surprising is before a few months ago the only make up I had in my collection was just the typical foundation and mascara.. I was so closed minded on all the other products there was out there that I had no idea just how much better they all are combined! So one day I was watching a make up tutorial on Youtube when I thought to myself 'why not?' and the next day I went to Boots and Superdrug on my lunch break and bought anything that caught my eye!

So first things first my choice of foundation is the Match Perfection by Rimmel London! I have been using this foundation for years and I use it in the light porcelain shade because I'm really pale and all the other shades don't seem to have that natural look to them. Personally I think this foundation is really good and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin which I have found with other foundations. I would rate this foundation a 5 out of 5 and it will probably always be my go to foundation!

I have two types of mascara in my bag that are both also by Rimmel and they are the Waterproof Scandal Eyes and the Wonderfull mascara. I bought the waterproof one on a whim one day because I knew that I had a very stressful and emotional month ahead however I wasn't impressed with it at all. It isn't that it didn't fulfill its purpose of remaining intact even if I shed a few tears its just that it didn't look great on the eyes. It was very clumpy and joined all my eye lashes together which is what I hate most in mascaras. I have only now used it twice and it will now probably just remain in the bottom of my make up bag! If I was to rate this product out of 5 I would probably give it a 2!

One of the new items added to my make up bag is concealer! Now when I was looking around I saw two types of concealers that were really good value for money and looked really simple to apply. Those were the Illuminating Touch by Collection and just the Natural Collection cover up cream. I haven't got round to using the Illuminating Touch yet however I have used the Natural Collection one a lot! Now don't jump to the conclusion that just because I am using it on a daily basis that it must mean that I love it because I wouldn't necessarily say that. This is because usually when I put it on and rub it in it leaves orange shades on my face bearing in mind I purchased the lightest shade. What was very frustrating was one morning I woke up at 5:00 am to be at work and my room was slightly dark and I put the concealer on and left for work. After I had finished a few hours later I went to the toilet and saw in the mirror all the orange blemishes. Embarrassing or what?! Now when I apply it I find it takes me a while to blend it in and I often have to vigorously rub it in on my skin so for that reason I would rate this concealer a 3 out of 5.

I also bought the Revolution Vivid Baked highlighter and the Vivid Baked blush and I absolutely adore the blush as it has a sort of vein effect running through of different shades which I think is very cute and is definitely another 5 out of 5 product! I also picked up the Revolution Redemption Eye shadow Palette which I also like a lot. It has 12 different shades and it starts off light and eventually goes darker. I haven't actually touched the darker shades yet but the lighter ones are really pretty and blend together really well so I would rate it a 4 out of 5!

Now I did buy a lot more that afternoon but some of the items that I have in my bag I haven't mentioned because I am most probably going to dedicate a post to each of them and write a proper review! I also currently have a few items from the Poundland 'Make Up Gallery' range which I am going to test and review very soon so make sure you look out for that post! Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on twitterinstagram and bloglovin'!

Love, Emma x

6 comments:

  1. OMG is that your makeup bag? where is it from!! Im loving it! I been looking something like that and haven't been able to find it!!!

    Loves from Sun & http://likesocharming.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion Sonia, I found this picture on Weheartit.com as sourced at the bottom of this post! Although I did do some digging and found a link to the bag online where you can purchase it: www.spectrumcollections.com/products/marbleous-white-bag. It is a very pretty bag and I am definitely considering buying it for myself :)

      Love, Emma x

      Delete
  2. Its interesting. I dont even have a make up bag. think I should start having one as soon as studies get off my head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It's great to keep all your bits together however I never remember to put it all back in the bag so all my make up is always scattered around my room! Definitely need to work on that :)

      Love, Emma x

      Delete