STRUGGLES YOU'LL FACE IN THE FIRST YEAR OF BLOGGING


Hey, guys! Hope you've had a nice week so far. So I thought for today that I would give you a little insight on what it's like to really be a blogger! Before I started my blog I thought it would be really easy... well I was wrong! Turns out there is loads of competition out there, like LOADS. And it is really hard to try and make your blog stand out from the rest.

I am in complete awe when I look through some blogs and see how many people are currently following them, which isn't surprising when I see their amazing content! I love going through blogs and I sometimes like to get some inspiration from others. That doesn't mean I copy by the way! It just means I look at people's ideas and try to make them my own.

For me personally, I find it quite hard to find time to write posts whilst trying to balance my workload. However for other bloggers, it seems to come naturally to them and I'll see some balancing being a mum, in full-time work, whilst they still manage to publish 4-5 time a week...Teach me the way!

I also find that trying to find the right platforms to publicise your blog is very hard too! I am currently someone who likes to keep my blog quite private! So I do not go and post it on my Facebook profile so all the people I know can have a look. I don't think I'm quite ready for them to see it... So I have to look at other alternatives to get my blog out there. I currently only use a couple of Facebook groups and boards on Pinterest targeted for bloggers. However, if anyone has any recommendations please pop them in the comments!

Also trying to think of content is extremely difficult! Even now trying to think of struggles is a struggle... attempting to add a little humour there... The reality is not everyone is going to enjoy your posts because not everyone is interested in the same things. So for me, I struggle to think of ideas that can try and appeal to as many people as I possibly can.

You'll also find that people are not interested in collaborating or working with you if your following base isn't huge. I obviously don't take it personally but it is quite frustrating when you're trying to boost your following and getting no results so the opportunities available to you are restricted.

So there we go, I hope you found this post helpful if you're considering making a blog of your own! Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on twitterinstagram and bloglovin'!

Love, Emma x

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I feel the same & am glad to know I'm not the only one! Constantly creating content could be the hardest for me personally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. I am going through my first year of blogging. It's can be frustrating but I like to think that it gets easier. I read awhile ago that getting a continuous following takes time but to keep working hard & the journey will be rewarding. We are a community & will lift each other up on the hard days. Keep up the great work ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about 8 months in and definitely still in the experimentation phase. Its reassuring to hear that the journey and struggles, plus rewards are shared. For me I'm just blogging about my everyday ordinary life, from wine sips, to craft store trips. My blog is very much un-curated and un-elevated. Its for me to be creative and share what brings me joy, while embracing life’s imperfections without curating a refined façade. I'm not to the stage of becoming a business or brand. I might explore it in the future though! Thank you for sharing from KW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, I love your blog my dear. I am the same way I am not ready for the 5,000 people who are my friends on Facebook to see my blog yet. I do have a Facebook page for my blog though. I am also super new to blogging only been at it for two months and really love it. I can't believe I didn't start sooner. I haven't asked anyone to collab with me yet I think I will give it a few more months before that. I wish you all the best my dear you are doing fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think planning and having a schedule is a huge help. Writing posts the week before can also help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the exact same feelings! honestly, I have a lot to write about but I always worry that my style of writing may be boring for some!
    I think being organized makes a huge difference and setting reminders to write or having a few hours a week dedicated to your blog will make sure you're consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Story of my life.. but we can do it!!! Just give me 36 hours per day instead of 24 )))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how people with full time jobs and kids do it! I spend a huge amount of time on my blog each week. I recently found several scheduling tools to help with the stuff that I don't like to do.

    ReplyDelete