MY THOUGHTS ON THE PLL FINALE



Warning! SPOILERS ALERT.

Hey guys, hope you are all well! Now last month something eventful happened. THE LAST PLL EPISODE EVER WAS RELEASED ON NETFLIX. Now, if that doesn't belong in the history books I'm not sure what does... I watched the episode the day it was released however I have only just got round to writing this post. At least now, a lot more of you would have watched it so I can perhaps see some of your opinions too! So, I was super excited but also very sad to watch the finale. It has definitely been my favourite series for the past 7 years so it's quite emotional... The end of an era. Therefore, I thought I would go through some of the main events from the finale and just give my takes on them. So if you haven't got around to watching it yet please don't read on for your own sake!

So, the episode first kicks off with a dream (Not sure exactly who's dream but it definitely wasn't real, I mean Lucas was tap dancing and Jenna was strolling by on a horse and the girls didn't even bat an eyelid...) The episode properly starts with a time hop, it jumps a year into the future. I had so many questions from that point; Did they find out who A.D was? Did Alison have a boy or a girl? What has Spoby been up to this entire year? Had Ezria married yet? AND of course, how did the mums get out of the basement!!?

A little further into the episode we learn that they still hadn't learned A.D's identity and that the year had been pretty much torment free. Aria and Ezra were still not married which I found was a little strange but also great because that meant we got to see the wedding and the build up. I have loved this couple from the beginning the whole student/teacher love affair angle was SO exciting because it was supposedly doomed (they proved us wrong!).

Alison and Emily had twins!!! I loved this idea, it was super cute although was I the only one a little disappointed with the names Grace and Lily? I mean yes they are quite nice names, however, I was expecting something a little more unique...

We learn that Toby had been away for the year after everything that happened with Yvonne, which rightly so. He had come back for Ezria's wedding and we got to see a cute Spoby moment and even a saucy one... or so we thought!! It also seemed like Haleb's marriage was on the rocks in the beginning of the episode up until half way through when Caleb finally smiled and they had a nice moment on the sofa.

From the beginning of the episode, I started making predictions about different things that were happening. When Alison meets Pam at The Radley, after hearing their conversation I started to believe that Pam might be ill because she wanted to make sure Emily was well looked after, I thought that she meant after she'd gone. Although I was gutted to be wrong the real reason behind their conversation was obviously so sweet, so I got over it.

Melissa was back, in the beginning of the episode as she was chatting away to Spencer, so when we saw her again later on in the black hoodie, at the wedding party with the girls we all thought it was actually her. Right? Of course, it actually turned out to be Mona. Scandalous!

Another prediction I made was that Aria couldn't have children! As soon as I saw her answer that phone call, her reaction gave it away. I felt so sad for her, according to google, 10% of women aged 15-44 are infertile. As if all five of the girls hadn't been through enough, what are the chances that one of them happens to suffer from infertility?

So, of course, the big reveal! Alex Drake was A.D. who also happened to be Spencer's identical twin and Charlotte's other half sister! I had seen a few fan theories about Spencer having a twin but I just didn't think they would go with a character we hadn't met before and again I was proven wrong. I was totally open to seeing how the story unfolded after seeing Alex but as expected not all of it made sense...

Charlotte met with Alex in Paris when she disappeared with Alison's passport back in Season 5 EscApe from New York, where she also met Archer Dunhill on the flight. Alex had already met Wren and she said that herself, Wren, Charlotte, and Archer did everything together up until Charlotte left to go back to playing the game. She included that Melissa was already out of the picture after meeting a neurosurgeon which I think doesn't add up. Charlotte returned in How The 'A' Stole Christmas and as we all know, Spencer went and stayed with Melissa in London where she lived with Wren in episode 21 and 22, way after her return.

Not only that, earlier on in the season Hannah admits she ran into Melissa a couple of years after they left Rosewood where Melissa told her that she and Wren had just split up. And as we all know, Charlotte had been in the hospital for the entire five years after all the torment she caused. Although it could be possible that Alex and Wren had a relationship during the time that Charlotte was away in Paris, she basically insinuates that she was with Wren the entire time from that point on wards. And after seeing how crazy Alex turns out to be, I do not believe that there is any way that she would have allowed Wren to be seeing Melissa at the same time.

Another thing I couldn't get over was Alex's accent!!! Who actually speaks like that here in England? I can't even pull off this wild interpretation of an English accent but it seems to appear in every film or series based in the U.S. Also, we never find out how Wren actually died. She reveals that she turned his ashes into a diamond but what we really wanted to know was how she killed him!

Alison and Emily get engaged!! Of course, I would have loved to have seen Alison's big proposal plan, but how it actually happened was far more realistic and way more up Emison's street. We also find out that Wren is Grace and Lily's dad! Kind of strange that Alex would use Wren to get Alison pregnant though and, we are not sure whether Emison ever finds out that Wren is the dad.

The episode ends on a high, Hannah and Caleb were finally expecting a baby! Aria and Ezra were headed to France and to the adoption agency when they returned. Emily and Alison were going to continue settling into parenthood and of course planning their wedding! And, Spencer and Toby were 'apparently' dating again! Although, we never got to see it with our eyes. A happy ending after all of that.

Unfortunately, we never find out how the mums got out of the basement. We know that it scared Pam enough to stop drinking for a year. They briefly discuss the subject but do not reveal how, super frustrating, we just need to know Marlene King!!!

So overall, although I really liked the finale there was a lot of it that didn't quite make sense and it was very rushed. They missed a lot of things out by trying to squeeze it into just one final episode. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on twitterinstagram and bloglovin'!

Love, Emma x

20 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting show. I admit, I've never seen it before, but I've heard all about it from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this show :( I will have to go on my Netflix and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure what this show is. I do however like to hear about good shows. I'll have to look around for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I don't know what I thought of the ending, they definitely gave the TV its own twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant not believe the PLL has been running for 7 whole years now, sad its over but it got too tense for me way in the beginning so I stopped watching, now maybe I can binge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that PLL was running for so long. Seriously, was a terrible way to end the series if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what I thought of the finale. I have really mixed feelings about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't watch this series yet but it sounds really exciting and full of drama (which is interesting). Maybe I should watch this after I'm done with the currrent one im watching: "The 100". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit, I've never heard of this show before - but the plot sounds really interesting and your write-up has intrigued me! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry but I couldn't read this! I haven't watched the finale yet, still catching up on the previous seasons. SUCH A GOOD SHOW THOUGH! It is strangely addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard that a lot of people were confused by the ending as well, but at least there was happiness for some of the characters. Shame that some of the secrets were never answered but that is always a component of a good show to leave it up to the fans to speculate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe PLL is done. I really love the series and Spencer is my favorite character. I love the finale twist. It's a bit different with the one in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like they have a lot of things going on on PLL. I have never checked out the series on Netflix. I think I would be with you that they didn't tie up all the loose ends in a finale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've watched so many finale's that were too rushed or had parts in them that different make sense. I think it's awesome that it's on Netflix though, I'll have to check it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading this review, made me realized I havent watched this series. I think its time to download all episodes for binging. How many seasons does it have?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an interesting review about PLL Finale.It seems there is a nice story on it.I'd like to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The finale definitely also seemed rushed to me as well. I don't think that they should have ended it quite like that but I did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of those shows that I have binged over and over because I love seeing how things build in it. I really like the finale ended with some happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My kids love this show and they are so sad that it has ended. Sorry it didn't end quite like you anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Considering that this was the very last episode and was going to leave a lasting impression in everyone's mind who watched it, you would have hoped that they wrap everything up and don't leave anything confusing. Also since it's his last episode take your time and make sure you get everything in there so it doesn't feel rushed and thank you maybe missed something.

    ReplyDelete