I'M A BAD BLOGGER


So I guess we can all acknowledge that I have been awol for months now. I can give you a load of excuses or I can be honest and say that even though I have had extremely busy moments, I've had a lot of free time too where I lacked the brain power to write anything. I started a few posts but wasn't happy with how they were going so I never completed them. I've written a list of all the posts I plan to write (months ago) and I still haven't managed to knuckle down and write them. I am extremely frustrated with myself because I've had this blog for over two years now and I definitely do not feel that I have published half as many blog posts as I should have. I liked the idea of writing and getting my thoughts and opinions out there and I still do so I guess we'll see what happens.

Also, a quick update on how I have been since writing my other post which was quite dramatic. I did have a little cringe reading it back but I decided to keep it out there on my blog because that is really how I felt at the time and I shouldn't be afraid to allow people to read about my low points. Everybody has them. I definitely do not feel the same way as I did then, the remainder of my second year at University was actually pretty good. After falling out with some of my friends, I decided to put more effort into the friendships I sort of brushed under the carpet and it paid off. I started going home more often too, I loved to catch up with some of my other friends and spend time with my mum and my adorable nephew Archie. I am a big believer in things do get better if you just hold on and ride through the bad bits. Although this can be extremely hard to do, the outcome is worth it. 

Even though I have moved on from all the troubles I had in my first half of University this academic year. I have recently had something quite tragic happen. So the last week has been an emotional rollercoaster full of meltdowns and plenty of tears. I am currently grieving for a loved one, so I am doing the usual things (or at least MY usual things). I have spent all day today lounging around in my PJ's, sleeping, and eating a tonne of junk food. I did not include this in my post to receive any sympathy because unfortunately, my circumstance is not uncommon. Life can be hard and unfair at times but it can always get better.

So I am going to leave it here. Thanks for taking the time out to read this, there is more to come from this blog so check in from time to time! And remember to follow me on TwitterInstagram, and bloglovin'

Love, Emma x

19 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as being a BAD blogger. And if you categorize yourself as such, then it may make you not like blogging!!! You do what you can, life is a friggin' train wreck that you have to attend to a lot of the time, so just get to blogging when you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you're not a bad blogger, you're doing amazing ;) I'm about two months in to blogging and I am still learning this world. <3 Don't beat yourself up, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, there is no such thing as a bad blogger, blogging is for ourselves and you do it when you can, if you can't one day, week or month don't feel awful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely not a bad blogger! Life sometimes happens and get's in the way a little make sure you're looking after yourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your honesty! This is the true story of a writer. We make all these lists, rough drafts and calendars to get this and that done, yet still experience the blockage. This made me feel better to know that another is pushing to do their best, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re not a bad blogger. There’s so much to learn, so just take baby steps. We’re all learning how to improve. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you just put your words by how you want it and not just to please anyone. I guess there is no bad blogger, maybe it depends on the reader. Also, I hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so hard on yourself! I feel that blogging is very personal and should not be to please anyone. Hope you will get better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we all need a break, it doesn't matter what the reason is. There is no such thing as a bad blogger, just blog because you love it and want to x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I feel that way. There are times I do not post a blog for awhile and think,"Omg worst blogger ever."But you know, life happens and we have to be 100% to give our best do take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, Emma. And no, you should never feel ashamed about writing negative things if it's from one of your low points. Blogging, to me, is all about authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think so there is anything called as a bad blogger. As we start from some point and keep learning from what we lack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's hard to define good and bad sometimes....Well, as long as you comes back to write, i guess that;s really positive.. continue and keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too tend to be awol and I've to constantly drag myself to my blogs. It's hard to keep up with the blog and life. When there are so many things going on with life it's hard to do justice with everything. It's better to take a break and do things one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can be anything you want to be with a little hard work and determination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an eye-opening post! I used to have a complex where I would think I'm the absolute worst, if I wasn't the absolute best. I realized it was an extreme way of thinking, and that no one was really thinking this but me. We can be our worst critics. I think you're a great (although there's no way to define a good/bad blogger, we all have our preferences) blogger, by the way, haha! Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work. ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have all had setback and periods where we need to just stop and refocus. Never be ashamed of it or apologize. It is normal and so great that you found a way to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sometimes as a blogger it can get exhausting. this is a full time job in itself! and just like any full time job sometimes you need a break. rather you take a few days or a few months it is needed. I have often found myself with Writers block, or just plain out lack of ambition if I don't take my recharge time!

    ReplyDelete