TESTING POUNDLAND MAKEUP


Happy Wednesday everyone, hope you've all had a lovely week! So I think we can all acknowledge the fact that I am a terrible blogger. I was living in denial, justifying myself by saying 'I only published 2 weeks ago.. it'll be okay..' To only have my friend go and tell me my last post was published over a month ago! I am very disappointed with myself. I really do love blogging and I'm not really sure why in the little free time I have I can't just sit down and write? I can only promise to try!

Now I know there are probably a thousand of girls that have done this before but can you ever really have enough reviews on Poundland make up?... I mean it doesn't work for everyone... Well, I brought the makeup for this post shockingly 5 months ago! I just never had the time to do the post exactly how I wanted it until now!

The foundation was definitely not my colour as you could probably tell in the video! I definitely had that whole Oompa Loompa look going on. Unfortunately, that was all they had and it was only the second to last lightest shade! It also took me a while to try and blend it in, although in fairness I think I did squeeze too much onto the brush. I found it to be very sticky and I could definitely feel that I had the foundation on.

The mascara is my definite go- to! When I first brought the make up I had actually run out of my usual mascara and I didn't want to leave the house the following day without a bit of makeup on! So I used this one, and to my surprise I loved it! I am currently using it on a regular basis and I plan to buy more when this tube runs out. It works perfectly with my eyelashes. I have quite long eyelashes so it definitely helps to show them off in the best light.

The bronzer was apparently for lighter shades of skin, however, it definitely looks dark. Especially considering my tango face after the foundation! Perhaps I'll use a different brush next time... I'm not sure. But I don't think it'll work for my skin tone either way. I am quite pale so I definitely don't think I will use it again.

The liquid eyeliner was actually pretty good! I find a lot of eyeliners are quite hard to use. It takes me like 5 attempts at one single time to make it look perfect, after using about 10 makeup wipes! Confession: I am hopeless at eyeliner. But this one I did in time to the video shockingly! It was quite easy to use, I'm guessing it was a lot thinner than the others I've used which means I could control it better.

Although in the video the blusher did absolutely nothing to impact my face! I have used it with my regular foundation and it was pretty standard! I personally would rather use my regular choice but if I was low on money, I wouldn't mind using this one.

Finally, I am super gutted that I forgot to use the lip liner in the video! I absolutely love it. I wanted to try it out straight away before I was due to go out on a girls night and it was great. I use it everytime I'm going out for an occasion and I always top it off with some vaseline for that finishing shiny look! Definitely recommend.


Hope you found this blog post useful and I hope you might want to try some of the products I found that work for myself! Let me know in the comments if you've ever tried any of these products before and if you have, what did you think? Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on twitterinstagram and bloglovin'!

Love, Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Claire Chambers31 March 2017 at 21:02

    I always wonder whether it's worth buying Poundland makeup. I may do in the future as your post has inspired me to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, sometimes time gets the best of us! At least you're blogging today! The liquid eyeliner sounds fab. :]

    // itsCarmen.com

    ReplyDelete